WHAT IS NATUROPATHY?
Naturopathy is a holistic system of healing that incorporates a range of treatments and natural therapies, with the underlying belief that your body is able to fight infection and disease itself, given the right support. While conventional medicine is preoccupied with treating the symptoms of a disease or illness, naturopathy takes a more holistic approach to healthcare with a patients overall health a priority.
Naturopaths are typically accredited by national associations, which ensure that they have undergone the required training, and comply with the highest standards of naturopathic practice.
A NATURAL APPROACH
Naturopathy believes that if one restores or maintains the equilibrium of the body, our immune system is better placed to defend itself against infection and disease. There is therefore no use of or reliance on medication as such – which would only serve to suppress the symptoms of an illness. A naturopath is more likely to recommend a programme of exercise, a change in diet or a natural treatment, than prescribe any drugs.
Natural treatments and therapies are used to ensure that the body and mind are able to remain resilient, and recover promptly. When we do succumb to an illness and contract a fever this is viewed as the body dealing with the source of the problem. The fever is therefore not viewed as a negative event, rather as part of the body’s natural defence mechanism.
Naturopathic treatment can take the form of a variety of therapies and approaches, including:
- Dietary advice – a balanced diet is an essential component for a healthy body
- Herbal remedies – traditional remedies utilised for hundreds of years for healing
- Homeopathy – the practice of treating like with like in diluted remedy form
- Hydrotherapy – the healing power of water
- Iridology – analysis of the iris for diagnosis of health issues
- Massage – the manipulation of the tissues of the body for healing and relaxation
- Nutritional supplements – especially useful when immunity is compromised by illness
- Osteopathy – manipulation therapy concerned with the musculoskeletal system
Naturopaths will not necessarily utilise all of these therapies, but will have a range of therapies they specialise in. It should be noted that this list is not exhaustive, and other therapies may also be used.
BENEFITS OF NATUROPATHY
The benefits of naturopathy are many and varied, and are used to treat a variety of conditions including:
- Digestive problems
- Menstrual issues
- Reduced immunity
- Skin conditions; and
- Weight Loss
To make an online booking, please follow this link https://www.healthylifepathways.com.au/book-online